The house at 2104 Bluff Street was originally built in 1905. In 1983, Historic Boulder purchased the house and sponsored a hands-on restoration community learning lab for the community. In 1984 HBI sold the rehabilitated residence to one of the participants in the project. The proceeds were rolled into a revolving loan fund for future restoration projects. In 1986, this project won Historic Boulder the prestigious “ROAR” award (“Restore Our Architectural Resources”) from the National Trust for Historic Preservation.